We carry only the purest!
Tea Tree - Melaleuca alternifolia
Tea Tree - Melaleuca alternifolia
The main chemical components of tea tree oil (also referred to as ti-tree oil) are a-pinene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-phellandrene, a-terpinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, linalool, terpinen-4-ol and a-terpineol.
Our tea tree oil surpasses the "Austrian Standard" which demands that the oil must contain less than 15% 1,8-ceneole and more than 30% terpinen-4-ol.
The therapeutic properties of tea tree oil are antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, bactericide, cicatrisant, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant and sudorific.
Tea tree oil is very important in the health of the immune system, as it acts as a immuno-stimulant and increases the body's ability to fight off any infections, while it also is used to revive the mind and body after shock.
The world over, this oil is used with great effectiveness to ward of infections of any kind, and it is active in all three varieties of infectious organisms:
- fungi and
It can help with influenza, cold sores, catarrh, glandular fever and gingivitis.
A course of massage with tea tree oil before an operation may help to fortify the body and reduce post-operative shock.
Apart from the superb anti-infectious properties of tea tree oil, it is also most effective to help clear bronchial congestion, asthma, coughs, sinusitis, whooping cough and tuberculosis.
On the genito-urinary system, it can be used to help clear vaginal thrush, cystitis and genital infections in general and on the skin, it clears abscesses, acne, burns, herpes, oily skin, athlete's foot, cold sores, blemishes, diaper rash, warts, sunburn and infected wounds, while fighting dandruff on the scalp.
Tea tree oil is one of the most powerful immune stimulant oils and helps fight infections of all kinds and helps clear the skin.
- Burners and vaporizers
- In vapor therapy, tea tree oil helps with colds, sinusitis, bronchitis and any other respiratory ailment and is also of use to help the mind cope after shock.
- Blended massage oil or in the bath
- As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, tea tree oil helps with all respiratory ailments, as well as arthritis, colds, dermatitis, skin infections, scalp disorders, sinusitis, viral infections, nettle rash, babies colds and coughs, bronchitis, as well as for sweaty feet.
- In wash or applied neat
- When it is added to the water for washing it has great value to treat abscesses, bed sores, acne, boils, lice, dandruff, wounds, as well as animal or human bites and can also be applied neat on problem areas with a cotton bud.
- For lice - apply neat onto the scalp - leave for 40 minutes and wash the hair. This must be repeated every second day for twelve days.
- Fungal outbreaks such as athlete's foot and nail infections (paronychia) as well as vaginal thrush and cradle cap can be treated with frequent direct application of a 2.5% dilution of tea tree oil.
- Please remember that it is a powerful essential oil, and the neat application onto the skin must be done with care.
- Tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash for gum infections, mouth ulcers, throat infections and tonsillitis, while garlic eaters believe that it reduces the smell of garlic on the breath. Although we know that the oil will definitely benefit the infectious problem, we are unsure of the success with the smell of garlic.
- Cream or lotion
- When tea tree oil is blended into a cream or lotion and applied to the skin, it will help to clear up any fungal, bacterial as well as viral infections - and can therefore be used for a variety of problems - ranging from boils, abscesses, acne, bite wounds from animals and humans (although a medical practitioner must also be consulted), dandruff and other scalp disorders and is also effective to help sort out bed sores, diaper rash or any other rash.
Tea tree oil blends well with
Tea tree oil is considered a safe oil, as it is non-toxic and non-irritant, but some individuals so show sensitizing to this oil, and it should be used with this in mind. It should not be used on deep wounds or near the eyes, ears, nose or internally. Please remember that it is a most powerful oil, but using it unwisely could result in problems.